Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

In Focus: Radek Gora

In Focus: Radek Gora

Isle of Wight photographer Radek Gora captures one of the Isle of Wight's smallest residents. Picture by Radek Gora.

WELCOME to the incredible world of Radek Gora — the latest Isle of Wight photographer to be featured in our In Focus series.

Radek works full time as a support worker in the Isle of Wight NHS Mental Health team, but uses his spare time to create some incredible images of the Island and its smallest inhabitants.

"My favourite subject are insects bugs and spiders. They are everywhere and can make some of the most fascinating and dramatic close-up photography subjects.

"Insects and their tiny environment offer the macro photographer an unlimited amount of colour, texture and physical architecture to explore. And the "model" is never unhappy with your pictures," he said.

"My favourite place on the Island for photography is Newtown Creek. I have taken so many pictures there but I still manage to find something different that doesn't just look like a copy of previous pictures," he added.

Radek's interest in photography started as a teenager, but he took it to the next stage seven years ago, buying his first DSLR camera.

"Not long ago I got my first full frame camera Nikon D810 which I use all the time and with my Ikelite underwater housing I can take it with me when I'm diving.

"The second camera is Nikon D80 converted to infrared photography. I used different lenses depending what kind of pictures i'm taking, mostly Sigma 105mm Macro, Nikon 10,5mm fisheye and Tamron 28-300mm.

"With my macro work I use sometimes Raynox 250 on top of my usual macro lens and lately Leica 4x microscope objective (the picture of a fly). For pictures and videos "from above" I have a Phantom 3 Professional drone," said Radek.

For others taking up photography, he advised: "Forget about AUTO mode and don't give up. Try different things. Some people are laughing when I'm saying that, but 'YouTube' is a great source of photographic knowledge and ideas.

"I have learned a lot from many tutorials on YouTube and found some great tricks and ideas."

See more of his work and buy copies here https://www.facebook.com/radoslawgoraphotography

Radek Gora

All pictures by Radek Gora.


Source: In Focus: Radek Gora

No comments:

Post a Comment