Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wordy Wednesday #438 “Easter Island Homage”

Easter Island in Infrared

With Easter just a few days ago, I wanted to share on of my favorite Easter-themed images today.

I've long been fascinated by Easter Island's stone heads but so far haven't yet been able to make the trip, so I'll have to make do with this photograph of a rabbit's head sculpture that I made in Arvada, Colorado.

I call the image "The Real Easter Island" because it's a rabbit head (get it?) It was shot with a Canon EOS 50D that modified by LifePixel to capture a monochrome infrared images. Lens was a Tamron AF18-200MM F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II I zoomed the lens to 80mm while attached to Exposure was 1/100 sec at f/16 and ISO 400. The RAW file was converted to black and white using Silver Efex Pro.  I digitally toned a duplicate layer using PixelGenius' PhotoKit, then used Adobe Photoshop's Eraser tool to erase everything on that layer except the sculpture.

IR.bookMy book, The Complete Guide to Digital Infrared Photography is currently out-of-print but used copies are available from Amazon for under $6. Creative Digital Monochrome Effects has a chapter on IR photography and is available from Amazon with new copies under $6 and used copies less than three bucks. You can used copies of both for less than $10.

Related


Source: Wordy Wednesday #438 "Easter Island Homage"

No comments:

Post a Comment